Latest posts by blaxabbath (see all)
- From Worst to “Maybe they can pull off what the Browns are doing except with concentration camps in their state.”: A 2019 Arizona Cardinals Preview – August 13, 2019
- The Wednesdayer (S1, E11 – Competition) – August 7, 2019
- Your “Night One of the Season 15 The Bachelorette Two-Night Finale” Open Thread – July 29, 2019
Nothing brings excitement to the air like the anticipation of Arizona/Seattle national games!
The battle for mid-tier rights in a garbage division turns the dial all way up to seven tonight as Russell Wilson and his Duane Brown-reinforced invisible offensive line prepare for a shootout with Adrian Peterson and “The Quarterback Who Held Off BLAINE GABBERT”, Drew Stanton. Aging-but-solid backfields for both squad should provide explosive hits in novelty uniforms and adequate fodder for I HAVEN’T SEEN TWO UGLIES BUMP THIS HARD SINCE _____ takes. So slap on your Kangol and jam an entire Fruit By The Foot into your mouth (just like you jam that Loose Change DVD into your Xbox) and get ready for some football-on-3-days-rest!
This Gen Stat of the Game:
Combined record of 4 teams Cardinals beat: 5-21 All in last place in division.
Combined record of final 8 opponents: 34-30, 33-23 minus NYG.
— Jody Oehler (@radiojody) November 7, 2017
Seahawks/Cardinals: Vegas has SEA -5.5 (O/U 41.5). A final score of 18 to 25 seems quite implausible in the modern NFL but it does kind of make sense for these two teams. The redbirds D is a competent matchup for the Seahawks while Arizona’s Drew Stanton-led offense appears (to this sports expert’s surprise) to be alright with focusing on just handing the ball to Adrian Peterson. Seattle (5-3) is a game behind RAMMIT after falling at home to the Redskins while the Cardinals (4-4) are a paper swan — with half their wins having come against SF –who need to, starting tonight, double-up on SEA and beat RAMMIT during DFO-con to have any real shot at a tie-breaker-based division title playoff birth.
Fantasy Notes: Eddie Lacy is out (groin/overactive chewing) so you’re gonna want to plug n play Thomas Rawls (or, not — ARI has a strong rush D). Dion Jordan is expected to make his first appearance for Seattle because, hey, it’s been a few years since Pete Carroll has gotten some production out of an injury-prone headcase. Only Arizona player worth starting is Peterson so, naturally, I have Fitz plugged in and expect JJ Nelson to record 75% of Drew Stanton 165 yards on the YACs of two passes.
For those of you who aren’t interested in Seizure Rush TNF, a lean night:
- JV Football
- Georgia Southern (0-8) at Appalachian State (5-4) — 7:30PM | ESPNU
- North Carolina (1-8) at Pittsburgh (4-5) [from Heinz Field] — 7:30PM | ESPN
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Houston Rockets — 8:00PM | TNT
- Oklahoma City Thunder at Denver Nuggets — 10:30PM | TNT
- Womens Soccer:
- Canada vs. U.S. — 10:00PM | ESPN2
- Young Sheldon
- Poker, Faith, and Eggs — 8:00PM | CBS