Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Dammit, What Was I Thinking?” Monday Night Football Evening Open Thread – November 20, 2017
- Hope Clicks Eternal – The Miami Dolphins – November 9, 2017
- Your “Old Man > Rookie Running Back” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – November 8, 2017
My mother-in-law marched in the Pride parade today. She’s not a member of the tribe, but is good friends with a fellow in the Vancouver Men’s Chorus, and volunteers as their bookkeeper. So, they let her march with them. I’ve been told she had a wonderful time; I didn’t go because – while I’m neither snob nor bigot – I don’t enjoy being one of 300,000 crammed along a 2.5 kilometre parade route. I’d much rather walk my dogs in a nice, shady park, which is hopefully devoid of people because they are all lined up along the street straining to beg the oiled-up gentleman to throw them some moisturizer samples.
So I didn’t get up to much today, but I did discover an “artisan ice cream shoppe” in relative proximity to my neighbourhood. I didn’t buy into most of their “origin story”, but that was some fucking good ice cream. Double scoop: Maple Bourbon on the bottom, apple pie on the top, and in a waffle cone. (Being allergic to chocolate sucks donkey balls – half their options come from the demon bean.) The bourbon had actual taste, and paired well with the sweetness of the maple. And they assured me they make actual apple pies to fold into the ice cream. Whatever – just make sure the milk is fresh & the cone has gluten.
Oh, and in case you missed it, the cat meows in Miami.
- MLB: Dodgers at Mets – 8:00PM | ESPN / TSN
- MLS: Sporting Kansas City vs. Atlanta United FC – 8:00 PM | FS1 / TSN2
Holiday Monday tomorrow. HOW WILL I CHOO-CHOO CHOOSE TO RELAX?