Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your Victoria Day Monday Evening Open Thread – May 20, 2019
- Your Mid-Long Canadian Weekend Sunday Evening Open Thread – May 19, 2019
- A Saturday Evening, Canadian Houliday Weekend Open Thread – May 18, 2019
[Alert – there is a gross JPP fireworks warning at the bottom of the page.]
- The Shield is catching some flak today for dumping its suspension news just before the holiday.
- It’s no Jo Moore “good day to bury bad news, but it sill looks kinda sneaky. Disgraceful, really.
- Especially when it looks like they tried to hide the upholding of Julian Edelman’s 4-game suspension from the Barstool/WEEI crowd.
- Despite the assertion that the league determined that, even though the specific substance may not have fit within more than 70 specific anabolic compounds listed in the policy, the thing for which Edelman tested positive nevertheless had “a similar chemical structure and similar biological effect(s)” to an anabolic agent.
- Russell Okung is making the case on Twitter that the next CBA should be about all contracts being guaranteed.
- It might result in shorter lengths, but the counter is that players will earn more in that interim.
- To wit:
Considering football’s level of brute, immanent physicality, high turnover as well as the short life cycle of its participants, it would seem to me that NFL players are in the most need of fully guaranteed contracts.
— Russell Okung (@RussellOkung) July 3, 2018
- White Sox at Reds – 7:00PM | ESPN / TSN3
- Mets at Blue Jays – 7:00PM | Sportsnet / MLBN
- Cardinals at Diamondbacks – 10:00PM | ESPN / TSN3
- Minnesota vs Toronto FC – 7:00PM | TSN
ENJOY YOUR EVENING! Oh, and be careful with those fireworks.