Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Hope Clicks Eternal – the New York Giants – September 21, 2017
- Your “Second Careers Can Be Great Careers” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – September 20, 2017
- Your “Purple & Black Are In Your Genes, Now Find Out What Else Is” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – September 19, 2017
It was a scorcher in VanCity today. Sure – 28 degrees Celsius isn’t a lot to people south of the 49th, but for here it’s damned unpleasant when the wind isn’t blowing. We are in the middle of that window Wakezilla mentioned where it’s awful for aboot four weeks, when everyone considers buying an air conditioner but then chooses not to because “what am I going to do with it the other 11 months?” It’s how you can tell many of us have Scottish heritage. Anyway, they’re talking an extended period of 30+ degrees along the coast, which will do nothing for our tempers, and will only exacerbate the fire season in the interior.
I spent my Sunday afternoon selling beer at a stadium filled with people instead wanting $2 root beer floats (for charity) & trying to dump their empty ice cream cups onto my tray, like I’m their fucking waiter. IT’S “BEERGUY”, NOT “JANITORGUY”, BIG SPENDER!
I hope you had a pleasanter day.
- Giants at Dodgers – 8:00PM | ESPN / TSN2
- Soccer: women
- USA vs. Brazil – 8:00PM | ESPN2
The relative paucity of sports now will only wane as news filters out of all camps & we head toward Thursday’s Hall of Fame Game, and possibly the first gameday Open Thread of the 2017 season. Bart, do you have an opinion on this course of action?