Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “A Fraud Is A God Who’s Been Given The Nod” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – March 19, 2019
- Your “Spring Break For Some” Monday Evening Open Thread – March 18, 2019
- Your Bracket Unveiling Sunday Evening Complain-o-thon – March 17, 2019
It’s March 9 – the start of the League year!
Today at 4:00PM ET marks the point at which teams can sign players & announce whom they’ve signed. For every Reggie White there’s an Albert Haynesworth, so the thrill of signing day will be tempered by about Week-6. Still, there is going to be dozens of team changes and millions of dollars exchanged.
With that is going to come various relatives, soon-to-be relatives, and assorted parasites & leeches.
So the player in question is going to need personal strength,
solid financial planning,
and the proper attitude to keep it from going to their head,
because it could all come crashing down.
Updates will be made below this here line as the afternoon progresses.
- so many rumours.
- bestest: Jay Cutler to the Jets.
12:45 – the Browns traded for Brock Ostweiler!
- CBS is reporting it’s going to be Romo time in Houston!
- ESPN report – Brock Osweiler deal to Browns w/2018 2nd rnd pick in exchange for CLE taking on that horrible contract..
4:00 / 1:00 – Game on!
- Kevin Zeitler has agreed to join the Browns on a five-year, $60 million
- Defensive tackle Calais Campbell – a four-year, $60 million deal with the Jaguars
- Rhett Ellison 4-yr $18M deal with Giants
- Patriots are giving former Bills CB Stephon Gilmore a five-year, $65 million deal
- Ravens and former Cardinals S Tony Jefferson reached agreement on a four-year, $36 million deal
I’m just ripping these off of twitter & various sites. Apologies for no acknowledgement of sources.
- Ex Skins DL Chris Baker has 3-yr deal with Bucs worth $6M + per year.
- Alshon Jeffery to the Eagles for 1 year — $14M
- Jaguars’ OL Luke Joeckel expects to sign 1-year deal with Seattle Seahawks
- S Duron Harmon back to the Pats. Four years, $20m total
- Tampa Bay deal with DeSean Jackson as a three-year, $35 -million deal, with $20 million guaranteed.
- Jaguars deal for AJ Bouye, to pay him $44M over the first 3 years; 5-Years, $67 .5M, $26M Fully Guaranteed
- Eagles have agreed to a 1 year deal with G Chance Warmack.
- here’s why people are calling the Brock trade a steal:
- Texans have $9M in dead money from Brock Osweiler’s $12M signing bonus. Browns are responsible for his $16M 2017 base salary guarantee.
- Dammit – students came in.
- NFL announces 4 game suspension for Ravens running back Kenneth Dixon.
- Patriots agree to terms to re-sign safety Duron Harmon – 4 years, max value of $20 million
- Branden Albert to Jacksonville in exchange for a 7th round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
- Falcons have inked a 3 year deal with Jack Crawford.
- DT Stacy McGee to Washington, five years $25m
- Oh, god – really?
- La Canfora: “Been hearing a long time that a package of 3 2nd round picks might be fair value for Garoppolo. Browns now have a ton of them next few years”
- Tony Jefferson got $9M /year from the Ravens
- La Canfora: Breaking News: Browns shopping Osweiler contract all over the league. Want to trade Brock and late rnd pick for ’18 3rd rnd pick …
- Bills are giving Micah Hyde $30M over 5 years
- Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith reportedly in crash involving police car.
— Taylor Laabs ? (@TaylorLaabs) March 9, 2017
- New York Jets RB Khiry Robinson was released by the team
- Jets have officially released Darrelle Revis
- Brynden Trawick becomes the highest paid special teams player in the league with a 2 year deal with the Titans.
- DT Akeem Spence to the Lions. Three years, $10 .5m
- Ravens announce deal with Ryan Mallett.
- Ravens have picked up the contract option for WR Mike Wallace to return to the team in 2017.
- Packers re-sign LB Nick Perry
- Seattle is giving former Jaguars’ OL Luke Joeckel a one-year, $8 million contract,
- CB Dre Kirkpatrick (Bengals) re-signed with the Cincinnati Bengals. Terms undisclosed.
- twitter is full of these references.
- Saints contract with DT Nick Fairley is 4 years, worth almost $30M
- LB Daren Bates (Raiders) agreed to terms with the Tennessee Titans on a three-year, $6 million contract
- Chargers free-agent LB Manti Te’o is scheduled to visit the Saints in the next 24 hours
- Buccaneers are giving RB Jacquizz Rodgers a two-year, $3.3 million contract
- Falcons gave DL Jack Crawford a 3-year deal worth $10 .3M
- S Jordan Poyer (Browns) agreed to terms with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday, March 9. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- It’s a DUI for Aldon Smith, per PFT.
- Redskins signed S DJ Swearinger to a 3-year deal worth $4 .5M per year
- LB Lerentee McCray to Jacksonville. One year, $3 .5m max
- PK Steven Hauschka (Seahawks) agreed to terms with the Buffalo Bills
It's been an honor to hold your balls for the last 6 years @StevenHauschka. Good luck in Buffalo unless you play us then I hope you suck.
— Jon Ryan (@JonRyan9) March 9, 2017
- PK Phil Dawson (49ers) agreed to terms with the Arizona Cardinals
Jay Cutler has officially been released. pic.twitter.com/W4kmpQoVVZ
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) March 9, 2017
- Russell Okung has agreed to go the #Chargers on a 4-year deal for $53M
- FS Chris Conte (Buccaneers) agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Steelers have released RB Karlos Williams
- TE Anthony Fasano (Titans) agreed to terms with the Miami Dolphins
Not that I would ever suggest praying for a meteor, but
Aaaaaaaand this seems like a good place to end:
Browns acquire 2018 second round pick and QB Brock Osweiler in trade with Texans
— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) March 9, 2017
Headless just seems appropriate.
EDIT: Whoops! It just got gritty in Baltimore:
But can't wait for what's to come in Bmore! Thanks to Mr. Bisciotti and everyone in the Ravens organization for this incredible opportunity!
— danny woodhead (@danny__woodhead) March 9, 2017
Alright team, I’ve got to sign out, give the students their Spring Break assignments (ie.- “Don’t let me find out you went to jail!”) & head home. See you tonight in the Open Thread.