Latest posts by blaxabbath (see all)
- 2018 Bowl Sponsorship Analysis (Pre-New Years Games) – December 26, 2018
- 2018 Quotables – Week 15 (Results) – December 21, 2018
- 2018 Quotables – DELAYED Week 14 (Results) – December 20, 2018
Nah, it’s just the image. I don’t actually have anything to say about the officials this postseason. I mean, nothing that hasn’t been said already.
Personally, I think they should just get rid of replay — with the exception of coach’s challenges, scoring plays, turnovers, and inside two minutes (which I could live without, really) — and go with the calls on the field. In the experiment that has been Getting It Right, the NFL has:
- Not gotten it right.
- Not sped of the game.
- Not improved the product.
- Killed any semblance of momentum.
- Simply replaced fan complaints about bad calls to complaints about bad calls even when replay is available.
We’ve had 50+ Super Bowls. Football is entrenched enough in our culture that you can say, “Look, there’s 22 guys running around acting a fool every play; we’re going to do out best to be objective but it’s a sport.” Then maybe add an official on the field and call it good enough.
You know, like they’ve done with improvements for player health and safety.
Anyways, enjoy your post-seasoning. I’m sure there is absolutely no way that this weekend, as with nearly all previous Divisional Round weekends, will go straight chalk. So, with that said, here are your Wild Card Weekend Quotables Results!
I don’t usually do unsolicited submissions but…