Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Vengeance Written In My Eyes” Saturday Evening Open Thread – October 20, 2018
- Leaves Of Grass: The Ballad of Le’Veon Bell – On Pittsburgh & Learning Your Worth – October 19, 2018
- Leaves Of Grass: The Ballad of Le’Veon Bell – On The Fans – October 18, 2018
Because when it’s preseason,
there’s football tomorrow!
- Bruce Arians has been released from hospital. Must’ve been that bean he ate.
- Steve Smith passed his physical. Looking forward to his demands people ice up.
- Tomy Romo is expected to play Friday versus the Dolphins.
- He has to, or they won’t let him at the post-game buffet, and you know how much he loves eclairs!
- John Elway is “not fretting” about the Broncos QB situation.
- Well, why should he? He won last year with a combination of Y.A. Tittle and Dan McGwire.
- Tennessee has faith in Andre Johnson returning to form, because why else would they trade 2015 second-round receiver Dorial Green-Beckham to the Eagles?
- Mind you, the Titans have a better quarterback (at present) so for this year maybe it’s not so dumb.
- Adding another floor of sadness to the Factory is news that RGIII has filed for divorce.
- Nice to see the Browns putting their preseason to good use developing his eventual excuses.
Finally, on a serious note, si.com has a worth-your-time story about Erick’s Kramer & Hipple and their separate but similar suicide attempts.
Like the previously told story about Eric Kramer in the Detroit Free Press, Duchess’ soapbox, and of course Ape’s seminal piece back at the old place, it references symptoms like depression and CTE and tells tales about guys who had reached the end of their ropes.
All of these stories will make you reflect in some way, and are a constant reminder that any disease or injury of the mind is a serious thing that needs to be treated professionally.
- MLB: Red Sox @ Orioles – 7:00 (ESPN)
- NBC – 8:00 – Track & Field; Women’s beach volleyball gold medal match
- NBCSN – 9:00 – Men’s basketball – Serbia vs Croatia; bronze medal beach volleyball
- Note: if you can, rewatch the “Once Brothers” 30 for 30 on Vlade Divac (Serbia) and Dražen Petrović (Croatia) prior to the game
Scotchy’s got you tomorrow and Friday for Week 2 of preseason Open Thread action. In the meantime, and in between time, enjoy your evening, and remember – it’s not a dream.
DON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE NAKED!