Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Dear God – No!” Thursday Evening Open Thread – January 18, 2018
- Hope Clicks Eternal – The Divisional Round – January 18, 2018
- Your “Spinning My Tires Out Of Here” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – January 17, 2018
I enjoyed watching the end of the Tour De France today. The whole three weeks are a fun travelogue, but the combination of pomp & circumstance plus actual race reminds me that I should get back in the saddle before I bulk up too much & have to buy a stronger frame to hold me up. Also, thanks to recent medical issues, I have to wear ladies shorts to accommodate certain new realities of life. But it beats cancer.
A reminder that all teams should have their full training camps underway this coming week, and the Hall of Fame Game is just 11 days away, on Thursday, August 3rd. The only issue will be if they get the stadium finished on time, which is a prelude to the panic in advance of Atlanta’s home opener in Megatron’s butthole (™ Drew Magary).
Of course, the upcoming season means more of DFO’s A.Ward winning coverage of the NFL, starting with team previews. Look forward to my coverage of the Falcons, whom I compared to mayonnaise last year. WHAT CONDIMENT AWAITS 2017?!
- Cardinals at Cubs – 8:00 PM | ESPN / TSN2
- Vancouver at Portland – 6:30 PM | FS1 / TSN
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Soccer 2017:
- Semifinal #2: Mexico vs Jamaica – 9:00 PM | FS1 / UNI / TSN
I’m guessing the Gold Cup match will be most fun on Univision.
But you know the Trump government’s got a plan. ICE RAID ON VISITNG FANS!