Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your Easter Sunday Dinner Open Thread – April 21, 2019
- Your “Get Off My Damn Lawn!” Saturday Evening Open Thread – April 20, 2019
- Your “These Kids Today” Thursday Evening Open Thread – April 18, 2019
- The NFL has published its list of all 338 Combine invitees.
- The Combine starts February 26th in Indianapolis, once they sweep the place for any remaining Irsay-strength “medicine”.
- The Chiefs are trying to keep Patrick Mahomes from Jeff Kent-ing himself and have prohibited him from playing offseason basketball.
- They see it as protecting their investment, although – as Richard Sherman opined – if he doesn’t have a specific clause about off-field activities in his contract, they are SOL unless Mahones chooses to play along.
Chiefs GM Brett Veach says the conversation with Mahomes re-hoops was lighthearted, “you’re breaking a lot of ankles out there, just make sure you’re not breaking your own”
— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) February 7, 2019
- Prior to the Combine, there are two other important February Tuesdays in the League year:
- February 12: NFL teams may sign CFL players whose contracts from 2018 have expired.
- February 19: The beginning of the “Franchise Tag” & Transition Player designation window.
- Closes March 5th.
- “The Ballad of Le’Veon Bell” should make this an interesting period. ESPN has some tasty, team-destroying scenarios for you to chew on.
- Those bastards at ESPN have axed Charles Woodson.
- One of their most listenable analysts, he will likely be replaced by more Ditka & Keyshawn.
- NHL: Jets, Habs, Oilers & Canucks are regional broadcasts
- Penguins at Panthers – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
- Sharks at Flames – 9:00PM | Sportsnet1
- Raptors at Hawks – 7:30PM | TSN
- Lakers at Celtics – 8:15PM | TNT / Sportsnet360
- Spurs at Trail Blazers – 10:30PM | TNT / TSN
- Cincinnati at Memphis – 7:00PM | ESPN2
- Penn State at Ohio State – 7:00PM | ESPN
- Iowa at Indiana – 9:00PM | ESPN
- Washington at Arizona – 9:00PM | ESPN2
Seamus has you tomorrow night, so let’s reconvene Saturday night for our first Open Thread of the AAFL season. FEBRUARY FOOTBALL FEVER – CATCH IT! (Unlike most of the receivers.)