Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your Saturday Evening Mild Rant & Open Thread – September 22, 2018
- Your “But You Said I Could…” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – September 19, 2018
- Your “All Of You Please Stop Talking” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – September 18, 2018
Well, we made it to the weekend. I hope you’ve had the chance to have a cold one or six today.
The NHL Draft lottery is tonight. My Canucks have the second-best odds of getting the top pick, which they won’t get & if tradition holds they’ll actually drop 5 spots, or they’ll win, draft the kid, and he’ll end up paralyzed or some such tragedy. In that honour, I’m choosing to drink rye.
Random NFL thoughts for a Saturday:
- I don’t know if I’m prepared to live in a world of Browns’ competency. But I guess that’s what the regular season is for.
- A team that employs Pacman Jones & Vontaze Burfict seems a natural fit for Joe Mixon.
- I’m not shocked Mitch Trubisky got the Doug Flutie treatment when he got introduced & booed at a Bulls game Friday night.
- I’m only surprised that the Bears didn’t think that would happen.
- Russell Wilson and his wife Ciara welcomed Sienna Princess Wilson into the world on Friday evening.
- Maybe now John Schneider might draft more O-line help.
Finally, I don’t care – Drew Pearson was the highlight of Draft Day 2.
- It was proof the crowds was searched prior to entry. Otherwise, he should have been buried under D-cells like Public Enemy was buried under chairs at Hardcore Heaven.
- I can only picture a nod of respect from Fozz, before returning to our regularly scheduled programming.
- NHL Draft lottery – 7:30PM | NHLN / CBC / Sportsnet
- Pittsburgh at Washington – 8:00PM | NBC / CBC / Sportsnet
- MLB: Angels at Rangers – 7:00PM | FS1
- Fútbol: Liga MX:
- Guadalajara vs. León – 8:00PM | Univision
- América vs. Atlas – 10:00PM | Univision
- AFL: Adelaide Crows vs. Richmond – 2:30AM | TSN2