Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Vengeance Written In My Eyes” Saturday Evening Open Thread – October 20, 2018
- Leaves Of Grass: The Ballad of Le’Veon Bell – On Pittsburgh & Learning Your Worth – October 19, 2018
- Leaves Of Grass: The Ballad of Le’Veon Bell – On The Fans – October 18, 2018
Of all the 1-2 teams I could choose, this week seemed fairly obvious to me.
There are four teams at 1-2 that didn’t expect to be here at this point, the Saints, Cardinals, Seahawks and Colts.
- The Saints would be fun to look at; “Who Dat?” nation is always ripe, and Big Daddy Drew’s “GUMBO GUMBO GUMBO!!” description of the fan base would be on full display.
- The Cardinals might as well be the Texans, because they don’t seem to have any fans outside their viewing area, and most of their “retired” fans don’t use “the Twitter”.
- The Seahawks seem poised for a letdown, what with the new money attitude, “who, us?” mentality and fan obliviousness.
- The Colts have an addict for an owner, polyphagists for a fan base, and a team that – once again – may be undone for the year simply because their quarterback was unable to start the season.
Well, because the Saints & Colts won to go to 1-2, and the Cardinals bore me, it’s the Seahawks.
First of all, look at this shit:
Do you remember the horror that was someone who had a Geocities home page? “HeY MAn, CHEK OUT my LINX!” It’s like a nine year-old Asked Jeeves how to build a webpage using a free AOL CD.
In my short time looking at team sites, I haven’t come across one so jumbled & screaming for attention since the Free Republic came online. But, I guess they don’t have access to any tech support in the Pacific Northwest, especially when housed at Century Link Field, so I guess it’ll have to do.
Smartly, the Seahawks do not allow comments on their team site, but do direct these stories to their Facebook & Twitter sites. Which is good, because after this weekend, the Facebook no-pics & Twitter eggs were out in full force.
A simple story from seahawks.com,
once ported over to Twitter
becomes a fascinating treatise on WHAT IT IS TO BE AN AMERICAN, YOU COWARDLY CUCK!
But there are some people who don’t let blind patriotism get in the way of sheer, absolute insanity.
And player interviews? One expects Richard Sherman to get piled on, given the shitty game he actually had.
Instead of the obvious, people go for the blatant:
But the Charmslinger?
PEEPLE BELEIVED IN U, MAN!1!1!1
Yes. The visiting team not standing on the sideline led someone to shoot 8 people in a Nashville church.
Not even Blitz, the mascot, was spared
You monsters! Is nothing sacred? What did Blitz ever do to you?
Facebook was equally unkind. A generic update
becomes an avenue for the particular
hatred truth only real patriots fans can bring to the internet
Yet in amongst the noise one can still find the true fan, with a pure, what-is-my-beloved-team-doing-on-the-field?!?! rage hidden within the rabble
And, slowly, the random losers drop off and the honest fans can give an honest assessment.
And as the week wore on, and more attention turned to this weekend’s festivities, it became easier to divide the true fans from the hammerheads. But still, a stupid flame will attract a stupid moth.
Kenny Easley, a good player with a great legacy, is getting his number retired this weekend.
But fans who think it’s all about them attack the players they think think it’s all about them.
Ladles & gentlemints, your Seattle Seahawks social media. What should have been wanton, targeted ranting from angry, passionate fans about the offensive line & an exposed defense was instead wanton, random nonsense from stupid, random people about who is the better American in America. The protests & Taliban-esque outrage at the lack of purity robbed me of the joy at seeing truly depressed fans lamenting their team’s misfortune.
Instead of drinking tears, I choked on anger. THAT’S NOT WHAT I WANTED!!1!! I can’t help but feel…
Yep. Thanks Johnny.