Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Maybe That’s Why The Chargers Left?” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – March 21, 2018
- DFO University – Sophomore Alcohol – Beer: Lagers 210 – March 21, 2018
- Your “At Least The 2019 Offseason Won’t Be As Bleak” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – March 20, 2018
- Well, they made the old man get out of bed, because stupid people heard RUSH SAID that the Steelers were being stupid.
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) September 26, 2017
Reminder: there’s good Rush and bad Rush
- Gerald McCoy of the Buccaneers called out “social media tough guys” on his Twitter feed.
- “I’ll never put my hands on anybody. This is not a threat. But you know where I work.”
- A further reminder that social media can be no good for some people, Cecil Township (PA) Volunteer fire chief Paul Smith said Mike Tomlin “just added himself to the list of no good n*****s.”
- Cue the “deeply embarrassed” speech and the “I was frustrated and angry at the Steelers not standing the anthem” deflection.
- The Patriots are reluctantly apologizing after charging fans $4.50 for tap water at their game on Sunday.
- Seems they ran out of bottled water, and stand supervisors charged people the inventory-count price for a pop cup, which is $4.50, which was then filled with delicious tap water. The Patriot way!
- Cowboys twitter? Not buying Jerral’s alternative:
Finally, it appears the Costco in Torrance is getting ready for the arrival of Eagles fans for Sunday’s game
Canada 150: September 26, 1904
I haven’t done one of these since before summer, but today makes sense from a DFO perspective.
On this date, Albert Henry George Grey, the 4th Earl Grey, was officially appointed as Governor General of Canada. His term at Rideau Hall will last until 1911.
Lord Grey will be remembered, among other things, for the Grey Cup. In 1909, he will present this cup to Canadian football’s championship team, the University of Toronto. Today, the Canadian Football League awards this trophy to the winner of the Grey Cup game.
- Blue Jays at Red Sox – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
- Cubs at Cardinals – 8:00PM | ESPN / TSN
- WNBA Finals:
- Game 2: Los Angeles Sparks at Minnesota Lynx – 8:00PM | ESPN2
- Soccer (Mens): Rutgers at Princeton – 7:00PM | ESPNU
- Volleyball (Womens):
- Loyola Marymount at San Diego – 9:00PM | ESPNU
- Smackdown – 8:00PM | USA / Sportsnet360
I don’t think the Patriots accidentally charged people for water; they want to charge people who bring their own bottles. This was just a test balloon. Capitalism: THE TRUE PATRIOT WAY!