Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Can’t They Cancel The Dolphins Season Instead?” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – October 16, 2019
- Your “Oh Boy – The XFL Draft!” – October 15, 2019
- Your “Free Sometimes Means ‘Awesome’” Saturday Evening Open Thread – October 12, 2019
Bow down to your new goddess, and new Democratic frontrunner for the nomination.
Well, that was a fair result for the Americans. Even as a Canadian who wanted them to lose, you couldn’t deny that the US team was a buzzsaw. Now all that awaits is Dekker from the Dutch team complaining that the tournament officials are corrupt & that the whole thing is rigged for the Americans.
In case you didn’t see it, Bleacher Report tweeted (since deleted) a picture of them attempting to place the women’s team among the pantheon of American icons.
It’s immediately terrible because there’s no Dream Team, but there is Iron Man. Also, it only includes 2/3 of the actual women’s team, and of the 50 people included behind them more than half are men and/or fictional.
- MLS Soccer:
- New York City FC vs. Portland Timbers – 6:30PM | FS1
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Soccer 2019:
- Mexico vs. U.S. – 9:00PM | FS1 / UNI / TSN
- MLS Soccer:
- NBA Summer League Basketball:
- Cavaliers vs. Bulls – 7:30PM | ESPN
- Suns vs. Knicks – 9:30PM | ESPN
- Grizzlies vs. Clippers – 11:30PM | TSN2
- Calgary Stampede:
- Rangeland Derby – 10:00PM | Sportsnet
OH GOD! We’re at that point in the summer when there isn’t even baseball on evening TV. Help us football – you’re our only hope!