Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Leaves Of Grass: The Ballad of Le’Veon Bell – On The Fans – October 18, 2018
- Your “Now What Will He Do?” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – October 17, 2018
- Leaves Of Grass: The Ballad of Le’Veon Bell – On His Teammates – October 17, 2018
- Stephen Tulloch was cut by the Lions Tuesday. He was kept on the active roster until he passed a physical, at which point he was released. (This move cost $500K towards Detroit’s 2016 cap.) If nothing else, it proves that you can’t discount the effect of the double-check.
- Boston College announced it will retire the jerseys of Matt Ryan and Luke Kuechly at separate games during the 2016 season.
- They will join the ranks of Art Donovan & Doug Flutie in BC lore.
- Randall Cunningham’s daughter qualified for the Rio Olympics in the high jump, somehow also putting her third on the Eagles WR depth chart.
- Maybe rap beefs have changed since I was a kid, but Ciara suing Future for defamation over parenting skills has unearthed a supposed threat to Russell Wilson’s life? That’s DangeRuss!
Finally, Ricardo Lockette has told his story about the hit that ended his career. Read the full version at The Player’s tribune. I was watching that game, and it was a frightening moment. I’m just happy dude can still walk.
The next two days have Euro semi-final matches. Portugal – Wales on Wednesday; Germany – France on Thursday. In an ideal world, Portugal – France is the final FIFA wants, because it allows a marquee player and the host nation to line up against each other. As we have learned, I’m the worst at predictions, so there’s no guessing from me about this. I just hope neither game goes to penalties, because that’s just the worst.
The best, however, was Iceland returning home to a hero’s welcome and leading the gathered throng in one more round of the “viking clap”, something that has surpassed Fred Smoot in google searches about VD in Minnesota.
If you want to watch the whole ceremony, and understand Icelandic, here’s a link.
- MLB: national (on ESPN)
- 7:00 – All-Star Game selection show
- 8:00 – Pirates @ Cardinals
- Showtime – 60 Minutes Sports – 9:00
- among the topics covered, hurling.
- FXX – The Simpsons 4-hour block. Highlights:
- 9:00 – “24 Minutes”
- 11:00 – “Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge”
- E! – Botched – 9:00
- “Short Changed at the Nipple Bank”
Twenty days to go until training camps open. WE CAN MAKE IT!