Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Vengeance Written In My Eyes” Saturday Evening Open Thread – October 20, 2018
- Leaves Of Grass: The Ballad of Le’Veon Bell – On Pittsburgh & Learning Your Worth – October 19, 2018
- Leaves Of Grass: The Ballad of Le’Veon Bell – On The Fans – October 18, 2018
- Derek Carr got paid. Five years, $125 million.
- He’s now the highest-paid QB.
- Jaws isn’t sure if ESPN will have him back for the 2017 season.
- He feels there are more layoffs coming, and the network hasn’t yet said what his role will be going forward.
- Mild Crimebeat! – Packers DT Letroy Guion caught himself a DUI in Hawaii.
- no word yet on whether this will add to the 4-games he’s already suspended from in 2017, for a prior violation of the League substance abuse policy.
- Roger Goodell can now claim he’s been to Boston.
— Joe Giza (@JoeGiza) June 21, 2017
Finally, Dreamboat’s UnderArmor sponsored promotional tour of Asia continues apace with a stop in Japan & visit to the Sakaigawa sumo stable in Tokyo. For posterity and/or his son’s future embarrassment, many pictures were taken.
Only one thing was missing from that visit, and…BAH GAWD KING, IS THAT YOKOZUNA’S MUSIC?!
Don’t forget, CFL season starts tonight. Maestro has you covered with the best analysis outside Regina, and ESPN has you covered with a story on former NFLers or college stars in the CFL looking to get their Flutie, Moon or Wake on.
Speaking of working hard, my buddy Matt is the BC Lions digital media rep, and so has all the good stories. He decided to revisit the Las Vegas CFL experience as a way to tie into the NHL expansion draft. He included all the good stuff, including the worst national anthem not sung by Carl Lewis. Then he expands it to talk about the whole failed idea. It’s quite the trip down memory lane.
- Saskatchewan vs. Montreal – 7:30 PM | TSN / ESPNNEWS
- Draft – 7:00PM | ESPN / TSN2 / Sportsnet1
- Cleveland at Baltimore – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
- Louisville vs. TCU – 8:00PM | ESPN2
When the CFL starts, it means the NFL isn’t far behind. BIGGER BALLS = SHORTER WAIT!