Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Hope Clicks Eternal – The Cincinnati Bengals – December 7, 2017
- Your “Where’s My Inhaler?” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – December 6, 2017
- Your “Beaten Like A Government Mule!” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – December 5, 2017
- Branden Albert now wants to unretire & play for the Jags.
- News he might have to repay a $3.4 million signing bonus will do that to a fella.
- Jags management instead are keeping him on the “reserve/retired” list, having moved him over from the more vague “left team” list”.
- Also, their 2017 first-round pick was used on Albert’s position, so he had no bargaining power to force a new deal.
- Sheldon Richardson keeps taking shots at Brandon Marshall like a spurned lover.
“That whole situation was sticky because we lose and he did little things that were drama queenish…[snip] If he can’t come out to the media and tell them what he did and how he actually quit on this team well before the season was over, well that’s all in itself.”
- Jay Cutler will not play in the Dolphins first pre-season game versus the Falcons, as he gets used to fumbling snaps under a different center.
- Although his 51-51 record with the Bears makes him more of a Jeff Fisher guy, Cutler enjoyed his career best QBR in 2015 under Gase.
- One-third of the Titans is up for sale, as Bud Adams’ daughter Susie Adams Smith is selling her stake in KSA Industries, which includes one-third ownership of the Titans.
- The League, the Adams family, and Goldman Sachs are “adamant” that this 1/3 does not provide a pathway to control of the franchise.
Finally, Spike Lee has announced he is promoting a rally for Colin Kaepernick on August 23rd. Because nothing makes you look more like a unifying influence on an organization than Spike Lee.
- The “He Got (No) Game)” rally will be held outside NFL HQ at 345 Park Avenue.
- Officially “a number” of civil rights groups are the ones doing the organizing. Because nothing says “sanctioned event” like spelling the guy you support’s name wrong.
There has been no response from the League, save the Ravens still really, probably, possibly kinda just maybe considering Kaep to back up Flacco in case His Eliteness is unable to start the season.
- Yankees at Blue Jays – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
- Cardinals at Royals – 8:00PM | FS1
- Little League Baseball:
- Southwest Regional semifinal – 8:00PM | ESPN2
- WWE SmackDown – 8:00PM | USA / Sportsnet360
As an FYI, NFL pre-season games will not get their own dedicated Open Threads, mostly due to scattered regional coverage. Plus, ONLY REAL GAMES GET REAL ANALYSIS.