A Canadian man-child of indeterminate age, he stays young by selling alcohol at sporting events and yelling at the patrons he serves. Their rage nourishes his soul, and their tips pay for his numerous trips to various sporting events.
Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Believe In The Shield” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – February 20, 2019
- Your “It’s A Little Early To Be Broke, Ain’t It?” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – February 19, 2019
- Your “Different From Every Other Sport” Sunday Evening Open Thread – February 17, 2019
It just seems like slow death waiting for football season to return.
- Okay, very serious: Janoris Jenkins’ brother has been charged with “aggravated manslaughter” (first degree) in the death of a man at Jenkins’ house while he is at camp in Florida.
- The death is being investigated as a possible strangulation/suffocation incident.
- The NY Post has included a semi-complete rundown of William’s “lengthy rap sheet”, because dog-whistle.
- Andrew Luck claims he still has no pain in his throwing shoulder.
- Mind you, he’s been throwing what most sites consider “light passes” and has yet to face game action.
- It won’t help that he has a front line that makes Seattle’s look like the 1978 Steelers.
- The headline says it all: CBS thinks Mike Carey was “unfairly maligned” as a rules analyst
- To quote the head of CBS Sports, “When he disagreed a number of times with the officials, I think he was unfairly maligned on social media and it became a running theme. It was a shame and I think it hurt his ability to be considered an expert in this area, which I don’t think was fair.”
- To not quote the head of CBS Sports, it didn’t help that Carey came across as brain damaged during long-winded explanations that didn’t seem to go anywhere.
Finally, down cometh the Gingerhammer!:
- Jameis Winston – three games for assaulting an Uber driver.
- Technically, a violation of the league’s personal conduct policy.
- Jerry Richardson – $2.75 million for substantiated claims of workplace misconduct.
- The fine will be donated to various groups working to promote workplace & racial equality.
- Redblacks vs. Stampeders – 9:00PM | TSN
- Angels at Red Sox – 7:00PM | ESPN / TSN2
- Astros at Rays – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
- College World Series:
- Arkansas vs. Oregon State – Game 3 – 6:30PM | ESPN2
- WNBA Basketball:
- Los Angeles Sparks at Seattle Storm – 9:30PM | ESPN2
I’ll see youse guys after the Canadian long weekend. Thanks to everyone covering my bony arse. GONNA GET LIQUORED!