Latest posts by blaxabbath (see all)
- 2018 Bowl Sponsorship Analysis (Pre-New Years Games) – December 26, 2018
- 2018 Quotables – Week 15 (Results) – December 21, 2018
- 2018 Quotables – DELAYED Week 14 (Results) – December 20, 2018
So, first, I’d like to thank everyone who took part in the inaugural [DFO] Draft Challenge, Pick Is In. I didn’t watch any of the event (I was in Denver for a horrible-weather weekend where I was quite disappointed by the lack of public celebration for the Bronco’s Super Bowl title) but do understand, from Twitter, that Roger Goodell was boo’d a lot. I also see there were 1K+ comments on the Thursday night live blog so — well, I’ll say the draft contest was more successful than my coaches email string post so…yeah, you know, getting better.
Minus the wacky trades that are certainly the only thing to blame for our cumulative success (or lack thereof), the technical side of it all went off without a glitch and that was a huge relief. Well, for me anyways. Remember how I had mentioned how the Titans trading back looked to cost Laremy Tunsil over a million bucks? I guess Tunsil, who has, apparently very weak social media passwords, is pegged by Fortune as losing $13 million after a video of him smoking weed while looking like the Lord of Death from the Denver Airport mural was posted to his Instagram account just before the draft. So that was bad.
Anyways, onto the results!
In a close race entering the final questions — (28 & 29) List a non-(RAMIT, PHI, SD, DAL, JAX) team and their 1st round draft pick (Team/Player) — SonOfSpam held a small lead over nomonkeyfun, 170 points to 165. SonOfSpam nailed Mel Kiper Jr’s first incorrect pick (3rd, after the top two players were obvious 1 & 2 selections) AND total correct first round predictions (8), along with Ramsey to the Jags (which had been matched by The Maestro, who was in third with 150 points). WCS (140 points) and Enrico Pallazo/blaxabbath (tied – 130 points) rounded out the top-6.
Unfortunately for SonofSpam, he incorrectly predicted Ezekiel Elliot to the Dolphins and Ronnie Stanley to the 49ers (seriously, bro?) and ended his draft at 170. Meanwhile, the Maestro and tWBS nailed Vernon Hargreaves III to Tampa Bay, both leapfrogging SonofSpam, relegating his gutsy performance to a 4th place finish.
But the star of the night, and your winner, WCS, after whiffing on William Jackson III to Pittsburgh (seriously, bro?), used his 45 point guess to be the lone-predictor of Ryan Kelly to Indianapolis, finishing with a 5 point victory over The Maestro.
A few brief notes about the cumulative results before the final tally:
- Commentists provided zero correct guesses for:
- Conor Cook (to Oakland)
- Derrick Henry (to Tennessee)
- Keith Marshall (to Washington)
- Christian Westerman (to Cincinnati)
- First team to trade up/down on draft day (Tennessee/Cleveland)
- Round where 1st K/P drafted (2nd Round)
- Cincinnati was not predicted as an answer to any question by any commentist. There may have been other teams as well, but that one stood out to me.
- Honorable Mention to nomonkeyfun who correctly predicted the first four picks before foolishly thinking Jacksonville would blow a top-5 on Myles Jack.