Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “We Sweat And Laugh And Scream Here” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – September 25, 2018
- Your Saturday Evening Mild Rant & Open Thread – September 22, 2018
- Your “But You Said I Could…” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – September 19, 2018
- Looking like his mom also told him that he’s the most handsome boy on the team, Brock Ostweiler brushed off questions that he’s not ready to be the Browns’ starting QB:
- Are you good enough to be a starting quarterback? “Absolutely. Absolutely.”
- Not understanding what it means to be a Tom Coughlin quarterback, Blake Bortles has recognized that he needs to cut down on the stupid turnovers.
- a mocking note in the story points out that “those 16 interceptions last season were a career-low for the third-year quarterback”.
- Luke Kuechly wants people to stop asking him about concussions.
- Other Luke Kuechly doesn’t mind answering the questions.
Finally, your long read of the day comes from ESPN, who has a breakdown on the frictions in the Seahawks locker room, and how the difference in held-to standards has kept them from winning the multiple Super Bowls they feel they’ve deserved.
It highlights the divide between offence & defence, and exposes the hard feelings that have not yet proved water under the bridge. It also lays the groundwork for the demolition of the “Legion of Boom” after this season, when contracts begin to expire.
- Game 7: Sens at Pens – 8:00PM | NBCSN / CBC / Sportsnet
- Game 5: Cavaliers at Celtics – 8:30PM | TNT / TSN
- Rangers at Red Sox – 7:30PM | Sportsnet1
CFL training camps open this weekend.