Latest posts by theeWeeBabySeamus (see all)
- Your “Is It A Catch?” Friday Evening Open Thread – January 18, 2019
- Your “Well I Guess That’s Music Allegedly – #3” Friday Evening Open Thread – January 11, 2019
- Your “Mile High Club” Friday Evening Open Thread – January 4, 2019
I’ve been away for a coupla weeks. Yet I still really don’t know what to talk about this week.
I’m writing this early because there’s another hurricane ‘gon roll up this way.
And I fully expect to lose electricity, internet and phone. Again. The last of which might be a blessing, actually.
I hate the telephone.
So Let’s Talk About The Telephone
I have a landline and two cells. And I shit you not, 90% of the calls I get on all those lines these days are from scamming telemarketing scum.
5% are from legitimate telemarketers. And trust me, I use the term “legitimate” very, very loosely there.
The other 5% is from my relatives who have screwed up their lives in one way or another….and want money.
I see no distinction. They’re all a pain in my ass and they all want my money.
My recent favourite pastime is to try to see how quickly I can get the scamming telemarketing scum to cuss me out. I’m getting very good at it. I’ve been told I should not be doing this because those assholes are funded by organized crime, but I don’t care. Fuck ’em. You keep calling my fucking phone over and over? Imma damn well fuck with you. If I’m important enough (I’m not) for organized crime to come looking for me, then bring it. tWBS has guns and a security system. If you can get in without me seeing or hearing you, then best of luck.
I know it’s stupid and petty of me to screw around with them. But meh, it passes the time.
But I am considering having the landline ripped out and changing both of my cell numbers. smgdh.
Fun With Telemarketing Scum
I’m not going to actually tell most of these stories, because I still plan to eventually write a standalone post on this subject.
But earlier today….
- Telemarketing Scum (Allegedly from Credit Card Company which wants to lower my interest): Hello, how are you today?
- tWBS: I’m fine, thank you. How are you?
- TS: I’m great, thank you for asking. And may God bless you and your family.
- tWBS: Wait, why would you say that?
- TS: What?
- tWBS: You have no idea who you’re talking to and you’re in Pakistan (they ARE in Pakistan, btw….I’ve gotten a few of them to admit that to me). Why would you bring God into this? What if I’m an atheist?
- TS: What?
- tWBS: First, I’m not stupid enough to fall for your ploy. I’m not giving you my credit card information. Second, if I was an atheist, you just blew it either way.
- TS: Fuck you.
- tWBS: Soooooo…..I guess you don’t want God to bless me and my family anymore?
- TS: Fuck you…..Click
Sports You Can Call On 2Nite
- (23) S.Florida @ Tulsa – 7:00pmEDT – TV: ESPN
- Air Force @ San Diego State – 9:00pmEDT – TV: CBSSN
- Arizona @ Utah – 10:00pmEDT – TV: ESPN
- Dodgers @ Brewers (NLCS Game One) – 8:00pmEDT – TV: FS1
- Rockets @ Grizzlies – 8:00pmEDT – TV: NBATV
- Lakers @ Warriors – 10:30pmEDT – TV: ESPN2
None. Nada. Nothing.
Way to go, Gary.
Call Me Maybe?
Speaking Of A Calling
Senor Weaselo has worked his cute little tushy off all year about covering the Battlebots on Science Channel. It’s a really fun show.
Now get in there and do some democracy and vote!!!!!
(bottom of post)
Have a great weekend, everyone.