Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your Victoria Day Monday Evening Open Thread – May 20, 2019
- Your Mid-Long Canadian Weekend Sunday Evening Open Thread – May 19, 2019
- A Saturday Evening, Canadian Houliday Weekend Open Thread – May 18, 2019
- Franchise tag update:
- Early Combine reports are that the Cardinals will draft Kyler Murray & trade Josh Rosen.
- They are hopeful they can get a third-round pick for Rosen in exchange, which will make up for the third- and fifth-round picks they gave to Oakland last year to move up to #10.
- There is always the chance that he goes to the Pats for a 7th-rounder, gets converted to special teams, and then becomes the next Steve Tasker.
- Another Combine rumour is that Roger Goodell might go around the Competition Committee and force them to bring in some kind of change to the replay rules.
- Florio says it’ll be something along the lines of the AAF’s Sky Judge, which is receiving near-universal acclaim for keeping calls honest.
- All signs point to the Jags winning the Nick Foles sweepstakes when free agency opens next Wednesday.
- It will cost the Jags $6.5 million to let Blake Bortles go, as that amount was fully guaranteed for 2019.
- The latest Todd Gurley rumour is arthritis in the left knee.
Finally, our old friend Dave Rappoccio has the appropriate take on Jason Witten going back to the Cowboys.
— Dave Rappoccio (@DrawPlayDave) March 4, 2019
If you’re not following her, someone who is also very good at Twitter right now is Becky Lynch from WWE Smackdown. She’s resting injuries, so they’ve got her running this gamut of being screwed over by Vince McMahon in favour of Charlotte Flair and interfering in Ronda Rousey matches, all building to a three-way dance headlining Wrestlemania.
To build her brand, she’s been throttling her colleagues on Twitter.
I’m not blond, I’m not legacy, I didn’t parachute in from another sport. I am Becky Lynch, and the only insurance policy I have in this industry is to be so undeniably the best, they can’t ever sink me again. pic.twitter.com/iQyYA1BvUU
— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) January 7, 2019
Had a great time at UFC 235 the other night. pic.twitter.com/zWKT36C8s2
— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) March 4, 2019
Most recently, they had her “arrested” at RAW,
which has been turned into marketable merch,
and another “incident” she’s spun that into gold as well.
I learned so much when I was inside; I even drank suds on a hot roof. But I’m out now and bitches are going to pay. pic.twitter.com/fyZusLhSdT
— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) February 28, 2019
She’s one of the few reasons Redshirt & I still occasionally meet over at The Old Place.
- Oilers at Sabres – 7:00PM | Sportsnet / NHLN
- Leafs at Flames – regional broadcast only
- Mavs at Nets – 7:30PM | NBATV
- Nuggets at Spurs – 8:30PM | TSN2
- Clippers at Lakers – 10:30PM | NBATV
- Virginia at Syracuse – 7:00PM | ESPN
- Kansas State at TCU – 9:00PM | ESPN2
- Texas at Texas Tech – 9:00PM | ESPN
- Baylor at West By Golly Virginia – 7:00PM | FS1
- Connecticut at South Florida – 7:00PM | ESPN2
- Monday Night Raw – 8:00PM | USA / Sportsnet360
Big Daddy Drew has been on another of his anti-mayo rants again. GET ON IT, PEOPLE!