As you may remember, I did a post at the beginning of the year outlining my goals for the year and encouraging you to create and achieve your own. I promised I would provide updates as the year went on.
Since April is the start of the second quarter of the year, I thought now was as good a time as any to share with you where I am at and to remind you of what you said you would do. Updates from those who are participating are welcome in the comments.
Without further ado, TO THE RESOLUTIONS!
Balls Resolution #1 – Have a Body Fat Percentage in the Teens
This is a toughie. When I started this adventure, I was at 25%. I just recently weighed myself and I’m basically the same as before (Maybe down a couple of pounds). I am definitely trying to eat better and build up the base for a workout program that will start later this spring.
Quarter Time Update: Incomplete, but with a plan in place.
Balls Resolution #2 – Travel somewhere outside the continental U.S.
This one is actually on its way to happening. I got an email with a great deal on flights to the South Pacific, so I jumped on it. In the beginning of May, I’ll be hopefully headed to Fiji for a week of rest and relaxation. Yes, I’ll write a Boots On The Ground about my time there.
Quarter Time Update: Incomplete, but tickets have been purchased and the trip is planned/scheduled.
Balls Resolution #3 – Write at least 69 posts for DFO
As you can see at the bottom of every post I’ve written this year, I am tracking how many posts I write. This one is #49 out of 69, which is not too shabby considering we are only at the Quarter Time mark.
Assuming things continue to go well, I should be able to complete this goal by the time I write the Half Time update.
Quarter Time Update: Incomplete, but more than 69% of the way there.
Balls Resolution #4 – Do one thing sexually with a partner that I’ve never done before.
As you may remember from one of the BFC Mailbags, I discovered something called pompoir, which is a sexual technique in which the woman uses her vaginal muscles to stimulate the man’s penis. Intrigued, I approached a lady friend about it and she was receptive.
I have purchased a kegel exercising device (comes with an app!) which she can use to exercise those muscles in preparation for our attempt at utilizing this technique to maximum effect. It’s a work in progress, but it’s a fun work in progress.
Quarter Time Update: Incomplete, but with a plan in place and preparations underway.
Balls Resolution #5 – Host a dinner party where I’ve cooked all the food from scratch. At least four courses (soup, appetizer, main, dessert)
I got the Baby Jesus in this year’s Rosca De Reyes, which means I must host a party, so I am doubly forced to achieve this goal. In Mexican tradition, I was supposed to have hosted the party before February 2, but that didn’t happen.
I do vow, however, to ensure this party takes place and that I will cook all the food from scratch. I’ve already got the dessert and main dishes identified and have printed out the recipes. I only need to figure out the soup and appetizer.
Quarter Time Update: Incomplete, but with a plan 50% complete.
That’s all for me, but what about you? Here are some of the lists you fine commentists provided in the comments:
- Catch up on my compositions (need to edit one piece and polish a second)
- Revisit the Bach Sonatas and Partitas because it’s been too long for some of them
- Figure out how to cromulently control a class of elementary school kids playing violin.
- Try and see if I can schedule a recital for either late 2019 or early 2020, whether solo or chamber.
- Probably the easiest one, I should probably tell the parentals about Senorita Weaselo at some point. Like that she exists, for instance.
- Lose 25-35 lbs by the time it is my close friend’s wedding in August.
- Find a doctor in Calgary and get surgery after I lose 25-35 lbs. Lose more weight after surgery.
- Manage my time better so I can get an A in my 2 distance education classes that I’m starting on Monday. I’m capable of acing these classes only if I manage my time. Otherwise, I’m fucked.
- Survive, be patient, be empathetic and help ToddlerZilla along in her Tyrant Two phase. It’s amazing how much 2 year olds change and develop seemingly on a daily basis, and how much that change causes them to act out and push all your buttons.
- Take more chances on opportunities available in order to be more successful in my career and in life.
- lose 25lbs.
- read 35 books (I’m a book hound but have never kept track of how many I’ve read over a calendar year)
- Take up yoga. (I’ll likely modify this goal down the road if I get the hang of it)
- Leave the country. (for a bit-haven’t been out since 2016)
- Do an in-depth story on one of my childhood sports heroes.
- Lose 10 pounds (health need is more but want to start achievable)
- Write SOMETHING once a week, whether it’s for DFO or a personal writing
- Take at least five minutes during the workweek to meditate or do something else mindful
- Get back into drumming
- Fly less
Game Time Decision
- Eat better and get down to 210, maybe 205. Prob sitting at 220 now as I ate my way through the holiday season
- Write more here
- Work out 4 to 5 times a week
- Get together with friends more. We’ve been antisocial lately
- Read a book a month. Read 3 last year. Miss it
- Pick my guitar back up.
- Visit at least 2 new massage parlors
- Cook at least 3 new ethnic meals
- Visit another new to me baseball stadium
- Bench press the NFL combine standard of 225.
Son Of Spam
- Lose 40 pounds
- Write for the site more often than 2018 (should be easy)
- Plan bucket-list trip for 2020
- Convert all humans to one gender via easily-absorbed chemical spray
- Eat less red meat
- Organize a Family dinner once a quarter
- Eat healthy and maintain my goal weight
- Learn JSON (or one other coding/programming language)
- Read 5 books
- Visit my family in L.A.
- Try heroine
- Go back to juicing (the non-steroid kind) 95% or more of the time
- Get to and stay at no more than 185 lbs
- Get on disability so I can quit killing my neck toiling where I am unappreciated
How are you doing on your lists? Please share in the comments!
Latest posts by ballsofsteelandfury (see all)
- AFL Beat – Special Edition – Your 2019 Sir Doug Nicholls Indigenous Round Guernseys – May 22, 2019
- AFL Beat 2019 Round 9 – May 20, 2019
- AFL Beat 2019 Round 8 – May 14, 2019