Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Free Sometimes Means ‘Awesome’” Saturday Evening Open Thread – October 12, 2019
- Your “We Decide What You Watch” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – October 9, 2019
- Your Tuesday Evening “What Do I Want To Watch?” Open Thread – October 8, 2019
- Josh Gordon has been denied in an attempt to be reinstated.
- No reason has been given. Gordon last played for the Browns in 2014.
- He can reapply in the fall.
- FYI: his CFL rights are owned by the Calgary Stampeders.
- In reinstated player news, Daryl Washington was cut by the Cardinals, 16 days after his reinstatement & 11 days since the Draft.
- Mostly because they have younger, cheaper players on-hand.
- Victor Cruz will be visiting the Jags on May 23rd.
- Maybe Shahid Khan wants to learn how to salsa?
- Much like the Seahawks aren’t trading Richard Sherman, the 49ers aren’t trading NaVorro Bowman.
Finally, Blaine Gabbert signed a one-year, $900K deal with the Cardinals.
- While this would normally be reason enough to proclaim the Cards are “going with the Flow”, we now live in an alt-facts world.
- Most reaction to, again – a Blaine Gabbert signing, has been, “KAEP’S BEING BLACKBALLED!” or “Kaep’s just not a good QB anymore.”
Even better if I type it correctly: Gabbert getting a job ahead of Kaepernick was my "black ball" line of demarcation. Just crossed.
— Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) May 10, 2017
The No. 1 reason Colin Kaepernick is unsigned: He's not considered a starting-caliber player by any NFL evaluator anymore. Work from there.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) May 9, 2017
Several men who have been accused of physical or sexual assault have been signed while Colin Kaepernick has not. https://t.co/SbXdI4Lygr
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) May 3, 2017
Florio puts clown suits on dudes here.
Colin Kaepernick alternative facts continue to percolate | ProFootballTalk https://t.co/8a7yPifztc
— mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) May 11, 2017
- It’s getting to the conspiracy point where reporters are creating theories & questioning who is creating & disseminating disinformation.
- Even Florio, who is smaller than Peter King and thus able to better fondle Roger Goodell’s balls, has started examining the facts and finds evidence to suggest a coordinated attempt to have no one consider Kaepernick for a vacant position.
- Other notable players who accuse the League of blackballing them in recent history include Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, and Johnny Manziel – although all three were pretty much self-induced.
Nationally, it’s pretty thin…
- NBA: Game 6: Spurs at Rockets – 8:00PM | ESPN / Sportsnet1
- MLB: Mariners at Blue Jays – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
Hopefully, you can something more enjoyable on local TV.
The NHL starts the third round on Friday – Preds at Ducks.
I’m seeing U2 tomorrow night – The Joshua Tree Tour 2017.
I saw the last Joshua Tree tour in 1987; that t-shirt sure don’t fit anymore. I’m scared that if I drink enough I’ll wake up in the desert, with Balls & Low-Commander poking me with sticks. At least, I HOPE THEY’RE STICKS!.