The HALL OF FAME GAME!
Balls already banged out this week’s edition of 25 Questions About… but this is a special BONUS edition since the Hall of Fame Game is today, it rhymes, it usually sucks, but at least it’s football! Stand by for cromulent musings on the game itself from other DFOers, but for now, I have some questions:
1) Did you know the NFL has been playing the Hall of Fame Game since 1962 (which apparently included the Cardinals)?
2) How does that make any sense if the first Hall of Fame inductee class was in 1963?
3) Can I start abbreviating Hall of Fame as HOF for the rest of this post?
4)Is the preferred abbreviation HOF or HoF?
5) Who gives a fuck?
7) What’s a lamer excuse for a cancellation, a lockout that was already fucking over or paint?
8) Did you know the 1980 HoF game between the then-San Diego Chargers (sorry, LCSS) and the Green Bay Packers ended early in a 0-0 tie due to lightning?
10) Either way, the lightning had to make Boltman tumescent, right?
11)Did you know that they allegedly try to choose the teams playing in the HoF game based on ties to prominent members of that year’s draft class?
12) Was picking the Cowboys a deliberate “Fuck You” to Terrell Owens?
13) What team do you really associate Terrell Owens with anyway, the 49ers when he was really good (and the Bears decided not to cover him), the Cowboys when he was just an asshole, and the Eagles when he was doing sit-ups in his driveway?
14) Back to this year’s HoF game and induction, who is going to get more slobbering during the broadcast, Jerry Jones or Kurt Warner?
15) Leaving aside the Ray Guy punter stuff, did you know that Morten Andersen (to be inducted this year) will be the fourth placekicker in the HoF, and that includes George Blanda and a guy named Lou Groza that also played tackle?
16) Would you be surprised if I told you the [REDACTEDS] have the most HoF game wins and are undefeated at 6-0?
17) How happy do you think it makes Dan Snyder to make his season ticket holders pay for this pre-season game so often and not have to pay to operate the home stadium?
18) Does anyone like that fucking guy?
19) Would you be surprised in the slightest to learn that the Dolphins and the Bills are the most futile HoF game participants, both with 0-4 records?
20) How are the Bears undefeated (5-0) in HoF game play?
21) Anyone else ever suffer through a shitty Bears pre-season made worse by idiots “reminding” you that the 1985 Bears went 1-3 in the preseason?
22) Do those fat fucking mouthbreathing fucks think anyone gives a fuck?
23) Isn’t pre-season the football the worst?
24) But it’s still football, and we’re all going to watch, right?
25) WOOOOO, WHO’S EXCITED THAT OUR LONG NATIONAL OFFSEASON NIGHTMARE IS OVER?!??!?!?!?!?