Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- Your “Check To See Who Poured Your Nog” Saturday Evening Open Thread – December 8, 2018
- Your “I Hear Vinny Testaverde Ain’t Busy” Wednesday Evening Open Thread – December 5, 2018
- Your “Oh God, That’s Hilarious” Tuesday Evening Open Thread – December 4, 2018
- The London games have been announced.
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Oakland Raiders, Tottenham stadium, Oct. 14.
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, Wembley Stadium, Oct. 21 or 28.
- Tennessee Titans vs. Los Angeles Chargers, Wembley Stadium, Oct. 21 or 28.
- Aaron Donald is signed to his 5th-year of his rookie deal, so the Rams don’t feel it a 2018 offseason priority to negotiate a long-term deal.
- Because star players enjoy being treated like they aren’t an immediate concern.
- The Bills are now calling what happened with Richie Incognito a “verbal misunderstanding” between two competing players in the heat of battle.
- “There was definitely an exchange… I think there’s a misunderstanding of what was said. … From what I understand, it was a little bit of on-the-field stuff, back and forth.”
Finally, nfl.com has a pretty revealing look into the rehab process of former Dolphins coach Chris Foerster.
He’s had a bad year. A fun year, but a bad year.
It’s a recount of the 60-days of Dolphins-sponsored rehab, and the coming-to-grips with the nearly 30 years of alcohol abuse he says he put himself through.
In a statement of support which explains why he stuck by Aaron Hernandez to the end, Dolphins center Mike Pouncey said, “our relationship over the last year and a half is awesome. I still talk to him every day now. Just to see him get through this process. A lot of guys turn theirs backs on him. For me, I’m just not like that. I’m a loyal guy. I think if a guy has a problem, I want to help him get through it.”
Sorry, I’m a tad short on good ideas today. But in my internet travels this week, I did find a couple of interesting things.
First, a surprising catch by the WordPress spam filter:
From the “Let’s eat Grandma” punctuation department comes a query about whether one’s penis will curve while trafficking our site. Not since Marc Wallice has such a concept been considered. (Maybe don’t Google him at work; he’s been in places like Madison and Savannah.) Usually, it’s either Russians or Indonesians trying to ad-bomb the site. But now I’m worried that each time I prepare an Open Thread, Wakdjunkaga is going to pass his curse onto me “The Ring” style.
The second comes from Google, and I’d like to think it’s a point of DFO pride:
FIRST HIT, BABY! Again, thanks to Low Commander for the awesome photoshop.
- Blue Jackets at Sabres – 7:00PM | Sportsnet
- Cavaliers at Raptors – 8:00PM | TNT / Sportsnet1
- Spurs at Lakers – 10:30PM | TNT / Sportsnet1
- Maryland at Ohio State – 7:00PM | ESPN2
- Iowa at Illinois – 8:00PM | FS1
- Clemson at North Carolina State – 9:00PM | ESPN / TSN2
- Stanford at Washington State – 9:00PM | ESPNU
- Oregon at Arizona State – 10:00PM | FS1
- Notre Dame at Louisville – 7:00PM | ESPN
I’ll see youse guys on Monday, where hopefully don_T can lead us in a rousing celebration of Patriots schadenfreude. ONE CAN BUT HOPE!