Latest posts by Beerguyrob (see all)
- For those of you who live in the region: Chiefs-Rams tickets went on sale Wednesday.
- They are setting aside seats for the first responders fighting the fires and police who answered the Thousand Oaks shooting call.
- It’ll be the first Monday Night game at the Coliseum since 1985.
- Scorned fans planning the trip to Mexico City are already talking lawsuits.
- Language like this doesn’t help: It’ll be up to the NFL to decide whether fans will be refunded their tickets for Estadio Azteca. Some hotel reservations won’t be; neither will most airfare. And the excitement of a life-changing trip can’t be replaced.
- Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jeff Rohrer publicly came out as gay in an interview with Outsports.
- Rohrer spent six seasons with the Cowboys, appearing in 83 games between 1982 and 1987.
- He said he never felt uncomfortable on the Cowboys, as he figured his teammates didn’t care.
- Rohrer concurred with Michael Irvin’s assessment during a 2011 interview with Out magazine that the Cowboys he played on would’ve welcomed an openly gay player on the team.
- Rohrer is now a successful commercial producer in Los Angeles. In the last few years he’s produced three Super Bowl commercials, for Doritos, Heinz and the NFL.
- Big Ben really knows how to make teammates feel like friends:
- “I texted him yesterday before the deadline asking him — texted — saying I was hoping he was going to show up, and if he decided not to I wish him nothing but the best.”
- A Jets fan is blaming his DWI on their loss to the Bills.
- 57-year-old Christopher Greyshock, of West Milford, NJ, was charged after he rear-ended another vehicle.
- Greyshock, who reportedly had an open bottle of whiskey in his car and was suspected of possessing marijuana as well, apparently told responding officers: “I drank too much because the Jets suck.”
Finally, the NFL got out its December flex pen:
- December 2:
- Niners-Seahawks moved from primetime to afternoon
- Chargers-Steelers moved from afternoon to primetime
- December 9:
- Steelers-Raiders moved from primetime to afternoon
- Rams-Bears moved from afternoon to primetime
I actually approve of the December 2 change, as it means I can get home from Seattle at a reasonable hour.
- Capitals at Jets – 8:00PM | Sportsnet
- Blues at Blackhawks – 8:00PM | NBCSN
- Ducks at Golden Knights – 10:30PM | NBCSN
- Pistons at Raptors – 7:30PM | Sportsnet1
- Pelicans at Timberwolves – 8:00PM | ESPN / TSN
- Trail Blazers at Lakers – 10:30PM | ESPN / Sportsnet1
- Buffalo at Ohio – 7:00PM | ESPN2 / TSN3
- Miami (Ohio) at Northern Illinois – 8:00PM | ESPNU
- Michigan at Villanova – 6:30PM | FS1
- Marquette at Indiana – 8:30PM | FS1
It’s been a shitty, rainy day in Vancouver, so I recommend you follow my lead & curl up and watch some sports this evening. BEATS WORKING FOR FREE!