Latest posts by theeWeeBabySeamus (see all)
- Your “Leave Your Worries Behind” Friday Evening Open Thread – July 20, 2018
- Your “Paraskevidekatriaphobia” Friday Evening Open Thread – July 13, 2018
- Terrell Who? – July 12, 2018
There’s no football tonight, of course. Well, at least not the varsity variety.
Barely the JV variety either, unless you’re a MAC fan…
But we’ll get to that later.
Besides, tonight I plan to try and ignore sports and finally try (again) to finish some reading I’ve been trying to finish for far too long.
The book was recommended by the lovely and talented King Hippo , and I started it about two months ago while on vacay at the beach. I haven’t been able to get back to it to any significant degree since then, and it’s been driving me nuts because the book is awesome…
…though it very well might make you think twice before ever going to see a stage production of King Lear ever again. Not that you were necessarily planning to anyway.
But tonight, the rest of that book goes down. Unless I change my mind and decide to get drunk and watch hockey and college basketball instead.
(don’t you judge me)
Tomorrow, that book goes down. Probably.
TNF Going Bye Bye?
Big Ben (and others) don’t like playing on Thursdays, btw. And honestly, I can understand why.
But I suspect the bottom line for the league (and therefore also the players’ compensation) will win out in this one…
…if the league were to drop “Thursday Night Football,” that would eliminate the gigantic rights fee that comes with it and subsequently drive down the salary cap, meaning less money for the players. The current “TNF” package actually expires after the 2017 season, so if the NFL did want to make a change, they could theoretically do it starting with the 2018 season.
I actually wouldn’t mind seeing it go, fwiw.
What To Watch Tonight
Fairly heavy schedule tonight, but only one national game as far as I can tell.
- Capitals @ Predators – 8:00pmEST – TV: NBCSN
Fairly light schedule tonight, but also only one national game as far as I can tell.
- Raptors @ Rockets – 8:00pmEST – TV: NBATV
Games of Note:
- Nicholls State @ (5)Villanova – 6:30pmEST – TV: FS1
- (1)Duke @ (2)Michigan State – 7:00pmEST – TV: ESPN
- (19)Purdue @ Marquette – 8:30pmEST – TV: FS1
- Howard @ (17)Gonzaga – 9:00pmEST – TV: ESPNFC
- (7)Kentucky @ (4)Kansas – 9:30pmEST – TV: ESPN
NCAA Football (MAC MAC MAC)
- Central Michigan @ Kent State – 7:00pmEST – TV: ESPNU
- Ohio U. @ Akron – 7:00pmEST – TV: ESPN2
So you got your MAC. Now here’s your cheese…
Now…go forth and comment.